As per our research report, the size of the global DNA testing market is forecasted to grow USD 30.53 billion by 2027 from USD 17.02 billion in 2022, rising at a CAGR of 12.4% from 2022 to 2027.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the growth of the DNA testing market during 2020-2021. According to the research paper published in Genetics in Medicine 2020, all clinical genetic testing has been restricted, with growing attention to telemedicine-based consultation and counseling. In addition, most DNA testing services have adopted digitalization and home testing kits to combat SARS-CoV2 virus transmission.
The increased incidence of diseases, growing health expenditure and awareness, and improving medical facilities across the globe propelling the global DNA testing market during the forecast period.
Chromosomal abnormalities can be due to increased maternal age, genetic predisposition, lifestyle change, poor dietary habits, and increased cancer risks are driving the demand for DNA testing across the globe. For instance, the National Birth Defects and Rare Diseases Registry Service has stated that approximately 3-6% of babies were born with a birth to defect each year across the globe, increasing the need for prenatal testing to detect abnormalities. In addition, the availability of efficient and highly sensitive DNA sequencing methods for prenatal genetic testing offers new approaches for initial screening in further pregnancies.
Another key market driver is paternity testing done by DNA, which is essential for proving rights, identifying siblings, and obtaining social security and life insurance benefits. Additionally, the development of NGS, a rapidly evolving technology that allows the sequencing of the whole genome for genetic information, is greatly helping to build up DNA banks for many acute diseases.
According to the United Nations World Population Prospects 2020 Highlights, there will be more than 1.5 billion people aged 65 and over by 2050, up from 727 million in 2020. The growing geriatric population is more prone to chronic diseases, and, as a result, this drives the demand for preventive diagnostics, including DNA testing. Furthermore, the increase in the number of pregnancies across the globe coupled with a large number of diagnostic centers will drive the DNA testing market during the forecast period. Additionally, the market is widely penetrating new research areas of medicine and healthcare, as such, the innovation of probes for preimplantation, prenatal and postnatal DNA testing.
The adoption of direct-to-consumer (DTC) DNA testing kits in countries like the United States, China, and Japan is growing rapidly with an increase in the latest technology adoption and reduction in costs for DNA testing. As a result, these DNA testing kits are gaining significant momentum among the younger population to know their genetic make-up for chronic diseases. Additionally, untapped countries such as India and other developing countries are estimated to provide a lucrative opportunity for players to gain a foothold in the DNA testing market.
However, the DNA testing market has many restraints and challenges that affect market growth. Factors such as lack of qualified healthcare professionals, high cost of DNA testing, and lack of affordability, especially in low-income countries, will slow the market growth. Meanwhile, ethical issues associated with genetic testing, inadequate unfavorable standardization, reimbursement policies, and strict legal and regulatory guidelines are some of the challenges seen in the market.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-dna-testing-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- The diagnostic testing segment is estimated to experience a growth rate of around 11.23% through 2027 due to the rising incidence of genetic and other chronic diseases coupled with growing awareness. According to data published by the WHO, the increasing prevalence of inherited diseases, such as sickle cell disease, cancer, cystic fibrosis, and hemophilia, will drive the market demand for DNA testing. In addition, early diagnosis of the disease allows patients to undergo quicker treatments which minimize the severity of complications and reduce the mortality rate.
- Based on application, In 2021, the cancer segment had the largest share in the market and will continue to dominate the market during the analysis period. The value of the cancer segment exceeded $7.75 billion in 2021. Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, with nearly 70% of cancer deaths in emerging economies. Increasing awareness about cancer with preventive diagnosis and personalized medicine are other significant factors driving the cancer segment. According to Globocan 2020, the incidence of new cancer cases was estimated at 19,292,789, with almost 9,958,133 deaths were reported due to cancer complications. According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, the incidence of new cancer is expected to reach 30.28 million by 2040. DNA testing can help determine the causative factor and help patients avoid risks with associated cancer. Development in DNA testings is also beneficial to patients who do not respond to chemotherapy, and these tests explore personalized therapy options.
- Based on region, during the forecast period, the regional market in North America is expected to dominate the DNA testing market. The growth is due to factors such as the increasing prevalence of congenital disabilities, the high number of cases of cancer and other chronic diseases conditions, the increase in government initiatives for DNA testing, and the rapid growth of the elderly population. In the North American region, the United States holds the largest market share due to factors such as high disposable income, the presence of the latest technology, and the easy acceptance of DNA testing is projected to increase the demand in this region further. In addition, the presence of prominent players favorable regulatory environment is even more advantageous for the expansion of the market.
- The European region is also gaining ample growth due to the rapid adaptation of advanced technologies for DNA testing, improved healthcare infrastructure, and the increasing prevalence of diseases in these regions. Furthermore, there is good potential for further growth due to the growing attention from many biotech and pharmaceutical companies to launch new tests.
- However, the regional market in Asia-Pacific (APAC) region is anticipated to be the fastest-growing market owing to increasing awareness of genetic programs, improving healthcare infrastructure, and developments by government agencies to accelerate research activities. Also, untapped countries such as Australia, India, and other developing countries are estimated to provide a lucrative opportunity for market players to establish their business in the DNA testing market with more revenue growth.
- The DNA testing market is moderately competitive and composed of a few significant players as it is still a niche market in several regions. The growth of the biotechnology industry increases the rise of new entrants with the penetration of a few small and medium enterprises into this market. Some of the significant players in the DNA testing market include Sequenom, Inc., Quest Diagnostics, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Guardant Health, Inc., Allenex AB, Illumina Inc., Biodesix, Inc., Roche Holdings AG, Biocept, Inc. and CareDx, Inc., among others. Market players are involved in developing new tests through mergers and acquisitions to stay in the market and keep their market share.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-dna-testing-market/customization
SEGMENTS COVERED UNDER THIS REPORT:
- Predictive & Presymptomatic Testing
- Carrier Testing
- Prenatal & Newborn Testing
- Diagnostic Testing
- Pharmacogenomic Testing
- Cancer diagnosis
- Genetic Disease Diagnosis
- Cardiovascular Disease Diagnosis
- Cytogenetic Testing/Chromosome Analysis
- Biochemical Testing
- Molecular Testing
- North America
- The United States
- Rest of North America
- Rest of EU
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa