As per our research report, the size of the global bleeding disorders treatment market is forecasted to be growing at a CAGR of 7.98% from 2022 to 2027 and was valued at USD 14.4 billion in 2022.
The outbreak caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus has led to some severe consequences such as lockdowns, travel restrictions, and a reduction in the number of hospital visits. This has created wreaking havoc on the bleeding disorder treatment market primarily because people with blood cancers or other blood and immune system problems were at high risk of contracting the infectious disease. In addition, due to severe clinical consequences, patients with bleeding disorders were also susceptible to other viral and bacterial infections, which can worsen their immunocompromised conditions.
The pandemic has also disrupted the supply chain, and many companies are moving to focus on various strategies in the future to ensure products remain available and protect their supply chain. Thus, the COVID-19 pandemic has moderately affected the market. However, the situation is expected to improve over the forecasted period gradually.
Growth factors such as the rising prevalence of bleeding disorders growing awareness of genetic diseases significantly lead to the growth of the bleeding disorder treatment market.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the prevalence of hemophilia varies widely in the United States, with predisposition seen highest in the Midwestern and North-eastern states. Additionally, people with hemophilia are more likely to be seen in Caucasians and the Hispanic population, with more minor cases in the black race and Asian community. Based on the American Society of Hematology data, in 2016, approximately 20,000 people in the United States had hemophilia.
In addition, the increasing number of patients, advancement in the healthcare industry, growing focus on research and development activities, and availability of treatment methods will positively support the growth of the bleeding disorders treatment market. Furthermore, the government focuses on raising awareness of the need to treat different types of bleeding disorders, creating lucrative growth opportunities in the bleeding disorder treatment market.
With the growing number of bleeding disorders seen in infants, the market is growing positively. The estimated incidence of hemophilia among births in the United States is one birth per 5,617 male births with hemophilia A and one birth per 19,283 male births with hemophilia B. While based on the statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 400 babies born in the United States have hemophilia each year.
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology companies are supporting to increase availability for treatment through promotions and advertisements, along with favorable programs for the treatment of these diseases are anticipated to sustain the growth of the bleeding disorders treatment market over the course period. In addition, several companies are in-line to seek approvals from the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to market the gene therapy in the coming years, as the procedure has attracted considerable interest from healthcare professionals.
However, the high cost of bleeding disorder treatment drugs, absence of favorable refund policies, poor awareness in some developing regions are expected to restrain the market growth over the forecast period. Another restraining factor challenging the bleeding disorders treatment market is the lack of access to adequate treatment due to a shortage of trained healthcare professionals across the globe.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-dna-testing-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- In 2021, the recombinant clotting factor concentrated segment dominated the bleeding disorders treatment market and was anticipated to be the largest segment during the forecast period. Recombinant clotting factors are created in the laboratory using recombinant DNA technology to treat bleeding disorders. For instance, hemophilia is a medical condition characterized by a sharp decrease in blood clotting time due to a genetic composition lacking clotting factor-VIII. These artificial recombinant clotting factors replace the missing blood clotting factor, preventing severe blood loss caused by minor injuries. Owing to these factors, the demand for bleeding disorder treatment has increased, so the market segment is analyzed to grow over the forecast period.
- Based on the distribution channel, in 2021, the bleeding disorder treatment market had seen ample growth in the hospital pharmacies segment driven by the large customer base, growing awareness of bleeding disorders, presence of the latest available medications in hospital settings, and favorable compensation policies. In addition, expiring patents on existing brand names will also allow generic drug makers to enter the lucrative segment.
- Based on region, in the global bleeding disorder treatment market, the regional market in North America is projected to account for the largest market share due to the early adoption of advanced medical technologies, a significant incidence of bleeding disorders, and the continuous development of pharmaceutical companies in this region. According to the American Federation of Haemophilia, about 20,000 people have hemophilia, and about 1% of the total U.S population has von Willebrand disease (VWD). In addition, this region has significant markets in the U.S and Canada due to the high adoption rate of early intervention and preventive treatment. According to the National Haemophilia Foundation, between 30,000 and 33,000 people have hemophilia in the United States.
- The European market is estimated to have the second-largest market share during the assessment period owing to various factors such as increasing research expenditures, presence of a large patient population, technological advancements, growing focus on improving healthcare, and the need for innovative and effective therapies. According to data available on Statista, about 149,764 people were diagnosed with hemophilia A, and about 10,811 people were diagnosed with other platelet disorders in the year 2016. In addition, various other factors, such as an increase in the number of diagnostic laboratories, an increase in the number of hospitals and treatment centers, etc., may positively affect the regional market.
- While the market share in the Asia-Pacific region is also anticipated to witness high growth in the near future owing to the growing access to optimal treatment facilities, high demand for the latest technology, ever-increasing government initiatives, and healthcare reforms, higher adoption rates, and increased healthcare spending in the APAC region. According to the World Federation of Haemophilia annual report, an estimated 17.34 million people had hemophilia during 2015.
- Over the forecast timeline, the Middle East and Africa market will account for the smallest share of the bleeding disorder treatment market. This can be attributed to the underdeveloped healthcare sector, lack of technical expertise, and poor medical facilities in these regions. However, low-cost drugs will help penetrate the market in underdeveloped and developing countries, where patients cannot afford expensive medical treatments. Hence, the availability of cheap generic drugs will drive the market growth in Middle East & Africa, and Latin American countries. In addition, an increase in government initiatives and the introduction of various awareness programs play a significant role in increasing the market's growth in these regions.
- Some of the significant players in the bleeding disorders treatment market include Grifols, S.A., Octapharma AG, Novo Nordisk A/S, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Amgen, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc, Bayer AG, Pfizer, Inc., Sanofi Cangene Corporation and CSL among others.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-dna-testing-market/customization
SEGMENTS COVERED UNDER THIS REPORT:
By Drug Class:
- Fibrin Sealant
- Recombinant Coagulation Factor Concentrates
- Plasma Derived Coagulation Factor Concentrates
- Hemophilia A
- Hemophilia B
- North America
- The United States
- Rest of North America
- Rest of EU
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa