APAC Media Streaming Market Size & Growth (2020 – 2025)
In Asia Pacific (APAC), India is expected to be the fastest growing market in the region during the forecast period. Data consumption in India is expected to grow from 8.6 trillion MB in 2017 to 110 trillion MB by 2025. With falling data rates and increasing penetration of smartphones in the country, which is about 27%, the video streaming market is expected to benefit considerably. developments. Furthermore, the country is experiencing an increase in internet penetration year over year, with mobile internet penetration expected to reach 55% by 2022 compared to around 30% in 2017.
Media Streaming is a multimedia service offered by ISPs to customers to enjoy uninterrupted multimedia services online. It allows the user to accept video, audio and multimedia content without downloading the files to their systems. Media streaming has its application for real-time entertainment, web browsing and advertising, gaming, social media, and online learning.
- In January 2019, Alphabets Inc.'s subsidiary Google Inc. partnered with LG Uplus Corp., which aims to invest in the development of virtual reality content to make its virtual reality content more accessible to consumers. of all the world. Under this partnership, LG Uplus is responsible for the production and planning of virtual reality content and the acquisition of marketing rights in South Korea, while Google Inc. is responsible for the acquisition of distribution rights from YouTube.
Market growth and trends:
- The growth of the streaming video market is expected to increase during the Covid-19 pandemic due to the advent of 5G mobile technology and the rapid use of services like Disney+, Netflix and Amazon Prime for entertainment purposes.
- According to Nokia, Disney +, a video streaming service provider, accounted for 8.0% of all video streaming services on European networks during the pandemic period.
- Additionally, Netflix reported that the number of paid subscribers reached a new high of 15.8 million from January 2020 to March 2020 and an additional 7.0 million subscribers are expected to be added by the end of June.
COVID 19 Impact on Media Streaming Market
The continued spread of the coronavirus has had a positive impact on the streaming media industry due to home containment and quarantines. Providers have seen an increase in subscriber numbers and peak audiences in all regions due to increased demand for online streaming and changing consumers.
The COVID-19 outbreak is expected to have a positive impact on market growth as it has caused roadblocks in major cities around the world, prompting an increased need for entertainment. As a result, the audience for video streaming services has grown significantly around the world.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
The main drivers of the streaming media market are the rising implementation of online video and audio streaming among customers in the APAC. The augmented adoption of high-speed Internet and the mounting popularity of television programs on the web, especially among the youth are creating opportunities that are supposed to increase the market boom for media streaming in the APAC during the forecast period.
The convenience of watching video content anytime, anywhere, the increase in mobile subscriptions and adoption of connected mobile devices, especially smartphones, and the rising need for original content and live streaming are some of the main factors that are driving the growth of the APAC video streaming market. However, transmission interruptions, hacking, and reduced bandwidth or limited transmission speed are some of the major challenges hindering growth.
The APAC media streaming services market can be segmented by type of service, applications, end users, and regions.
- Based on the type of service, the apac media streaming service market is segmented into
- Audio Streaming
- Video Streaming
- Others (live captions, tapes, and real-time text).
Of these, the video streaming sub-segment is expected to show the highest growth. This growth is mainly attributed to the growing popularity of on-demand entertainment services, such as movies, shows, videos and live games, on televisions and other portable platforms.
- On the basis of Applications, the market is categorized as
- Real-Time Entertainment
- Web Browsing & Advertising
- Social Media
- Online/Distance Learning
Today, the real-time entertainment applications dominate the regional media streaming service market. However, other application segments such as online learning and web advertising are also emerging as potential revenue streams due to their growing popularity among educational institutions and businesses. With the reduction in costs and the addition of additional innovative features, e-learning software is going beyond universities to include general business education.
- On the basis of end-users, the market is categorized as
- Personal/Household Users
- Educational Institutions
- Professional Organizations
The adoption of video streaming service among home users is driven by the wide availability of high-speed Internet access and the growing popularity of online TV shows among the young population of developed regions. Businesses and educational institutions are also witnessing rapid adoption of media streaming services and are expected to continue adopting these services during the conjecture period.
- Increased investment in content creation has led to the creation of new content offerings. Increasingly, India is emerging as one of the hubs for content, with a lot of material created for consumption locally and around the world. For example, in June 2020, Tencent announced the content technology and resources of Malaysian video streaming platform Iflix to increase its presence in Southeast Asia.
- According to the IMI-IFPI 2019 Digital Music Study, in India, audio streaming accounted for 39.4% of the time spent listening to music through all three methods (video streaming, audio streaming and radio), but has obtained 71.8% of the share of generated income. for them. In contrast, radio was responsible for 21.7% of listening time, but a share of only 2.9% of total revenue for the three modes of listening to music.
- In addition, 97% of the population listens to music with a smartphone; 62% use social networking sites or apps to listen to music or watch video clips. This shows that the ongoing transformation towards digital media in the region is expected to continue to develop the media market continuously.
Key market players:
Some of the key players in this market are Netflix, Inc., IBM Corporation, Apple Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Akamai Technologies, Google Inc., Roku, Inc., and Hulu, LLC.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the report
1.3 Study Assumptions
1.4 Base Currency, Base Year and Forecast Periods
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Analysis Design
2.2 Research Phases
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.2.3 Data Modelling
2.2.4 Expert Validation
2.3 Study Timeline
3. Report Overview
3.1 Executive Summary
3.2 Key Inferencees
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Impact Analysis
4.2 Regulatory Environment
4.3 Technology Timeline & Recent Trends
5. Competitor Benchmarking Analysis
5.1 Key Player Benchmarking
5.1.1 Market share analysis
5.1.3 Regional Presence
5.2 Mergers & Acquistion Landscape
5.3 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 APAC Media Streaming Market, By Type of Services
6.1.1 Audio Streaming
6.1.2 Video Streaming
6.1.3 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.1.4 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.1.5 Market Attractiveness Index
6.2 APAC Media Streaming Market, By Application
6.2.1 Real-Time Entertainment
6.2.2 Web Browsing and Advertising
6.2.4 Social Media
6.2.5 Online/Distance Learning
6.2.6 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.2.7 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.2.8 Market Attractiveness Index
6.3 APAC Media Streaming Market, By End-Users
6.3.1 Personal/Household Users
6.3.2 Educational Institutions
6.3.3 Professional Organizations
6.3.4 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.3.5 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.3.6 Market Attractiveness Index
7. Geographical Landscape
7.1 Regional Identity Governance and Administration Market, by Region
7.2 Asia Pacific
7.2.1 By Country
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 South East Asia
184.108.40.206 Australia & NZ
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.2.2 By Type of Services
7.2.3 By Application
7.2.4 By End-Users
8. Key Player Analysis
8.1 Apple Inc
8.1.1 Business Description
8.1.4 SWOT Analysis
8.1.5 Recent Developments
8.1.6 Analyst Overview
8.2 Adobe Systems Inc
8.3 Microsoft Corporation
8.4 RealNetworks Inc
8.5 Google Inc
8.6 Netflix Inc
8.7 Amazon.com, Inc
8.8 Akamai Technologies
8.9 Spotify AB
8.10 Hulu, LLC
9. Market Outlook & Investment Opportunities
List of Tables
List of Figures
- Regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms of Type of Service, Applications, End-Users along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the microenvironment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analysing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market.
- APAC Media Streaming Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Media Streaming Market By Type of Services, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Audio Streaming Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Video Streaming Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Media Streaming Market By Application, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Real-Time Entertainment Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Web Browsing and Advertising Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Games Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Social Media Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Online/Distance Learning Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Media Streaming Market By End-Users, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Personal/Household Users Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Educational Institutions Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- APAC Professional Organizations Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )