Global Cognitive Operations Market Size & Growth (2020 – 2025)
The global cognitive operations market was at $11.4 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow to $29.70 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.4% over the course of the calculated period (2020-2025).
Cognitive operations allow organizations to automatically create predictive models by analyzing data collected from various IT tools and devices, thereby optimizing IT operations, automating repetitive and manual tasks and proactively responding to problems on real time. Cognitive operations use artificial intelligence to obtain information about potential problems through cognitive solutions in much less time.
Security analysis applications are expected to experience the fastest growth rate over the forecast period. Security analysis applications allow organizations to identify emerging security threats using evidence-based information. The demand for these applications will increase among companies to respond quickly to emerging threats.
- BMC Software recently introduced its MC Helix Cognitive Service Management (CSM) to combine novel cognitive capacities like AI and machine learning in the existing IT service management (ITSM) solutions.
- ServiceNow acquired Parlo, based in Silicon Valley, which specializes in understanding workforce solutions in natural language and artificial intelligence. Following this acquisition, ServiceNow aims to strengthen its investments in AI with the intention of leveraging the benefits of technology for its platforms, products and solutions.
- March 2020: Nokia announced about its new product Nokia AVA 5G Cognitive Operations, which is a comprehensive AI service offering, combining data science, machine learning, telecommunications and cloud expertise to bring AI to life. Anticipate network and service outages with a high level of precision and accuracy up to seven days in advance. In terms of failure, Nokia 5G Cognitive Operations can address issues 50% faster and analyse the influence on users and services.
Market Growth and Trends:
- Cognitive services are strengthening the telecommunications industry to improve its core business tasks by automating assistive robots by interpreting natural language and translating text. Ultimately, this helps transform the telecommunications administrative offices into a competent customer service team. Smart grid operations, also recognized as a cognitive network operations center, use artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) and advanced analytics to drive autonomous, self-healing and self-repairing.
- To increase scalability, activity and commercial performance, telecommunications operators are developing cognitive network operating centers based on a three-level framework, namely a cognitive computing engine with AI and ML, Scalable Data Infrastructure, intelligent operating applications, workflows and dashboards.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
Growing need to monitor a complex IT environment
- IT operations are becoming crucial in all industries, and with advances in technology and digitization, IT operations are becoming more complex. Their effective management has become crucial to gain a competitive advantage. Therefore, companies focus mainly on improving system performance and availability.
Increased focus on adoption of cloud-based cognitive IT operations solutions
- Organizations are moving their core business applications to the cloud to take advantage of the benefits of the cloud. The cloud deployment option offers several advantages, such as scalability, low cost and ease of deployment. Additionally, organizations are migrating to the cloud due to increasing data storage requirements.
Lack of skills and experience
- Most organizations face problems related to lack of analytical talent and experience when developing, implementing, and managing AI-based systems in IT operations. Organizations mainly face concerns related to the lack of qualified employees and analytical talent. Machine learning algorithms are becoming crucial to analyze data from IT operations. Building machine learning models is complex and requires adequate skills, experience, and training.
- However, a lack of qualified professionals may hinder future market growth. On the other hand, a substantial market opportunity is emerging for gamers, primarily due to increasing demand to reduce operating costs and improve customer experience in various user industries.
The global cognitive operations market is segmented by components, applications, company size, type of deployment, and industry vertical.
- Depending on the components, the market is segmented in solutions and services.
- Depending on the application, the market is segmented into IT operations analysis, application performance management, infrastructure management, network analysis, security analysis, and more.
- Depending on the size of the company, the market is classified into large companies and SMEs. The market based on the type of implementation is classified as cloud based and local.
- By business sector, the market is segmented into BFSI, IT and telecommunications, health and life sciences, media and entertainment, manufacturing, government, retail and electronics, and others. Among these, the IT and Telecom sector is foreseen to continue its market dominion in the outlook period.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to experience the fastest growth in demand during the forecast period. Significant growth factors for the APAC market include the increasing complexity of the IT environment, the increasing adoption of cognitive operations solutions in the telecommunications, banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector to streamline IT operations processes and increase delivery demand. A better customer experience is the main vertical sectors of the industry.
The telecommunications sector that has a prominent share in the cognitive operations market is expanding in the APAC area. For example, according to S&P Global, in 2019, the number of mobile subscriptions in China increased to 1.6 billion compared to 1.23 billion in India and 332.5 million in Indonesia.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the fastest growing region for data governance, management and analysis, due to increased spending on technology in economies such as India, China, Singapore and Australia. The rising call for cost-effective governance and data management solutions within the small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is promoting the development in the cognitive operations market in the locale.
Key players in the market:
The main providers in the global cognitive operations market are IBM (United States), Splunk (United States), CA Technologies (United States), Micro Focus (United Kingdom), VMware (United States), HCL Technologies (India), AppDynamics (United States), BMC Software (United States), New Relic (United States), Appnomic (India), CloudFabrix (United States), Loom Systems (United States), Dynatrace (United States), Zenoss (United States ), Ymor (United States), Devo (United States), Logz.io (United States), ServiceNow (United States), Corvil (Ireland), Interlink Software Services (United Kingdom), Correlata (Israel), ScienceLogic (United States ), Sumo Logic (United States), RISC Networks (United States) and Bay Dynamics (United States).
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the report
1.3 Study Assumptions
1.4 Base Currency, Base Year and Forecast Periods
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Analysis Design
2.2 Research Phases
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.2.3 Data Modelling
2.2.4 Expert Validation
2.3 Study Timeline
3. Report Overview
3.1 Executive Summary
3.2 Key Inferencees
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Impact Analysis
4.2 Regulatory Environment
4.3 Technology Timeline & Recent Trends
5. Competitor Benchmarking Analysis
5.1 Key Player Benchmarking
5.1.1 Market share analysis
5.1.3 Regional Presence
5.2 Mergers & Acquistion Landscape
5.3 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 Cognitive Operations Market, By Component
6.1.3 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.1.4 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.1.5 Market Attractiveness Index
6.2 Cognitive Operations Market, By Application
6.2.3 Infrastructure Management
6.2.4 Network Analytics
6.2.5 Security Analytics
6.2.6 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.2.7 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.2.8 Market Attractiveness Index
6.3 Cognitive Operations Market, By Deployment Type
6.3.3 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.3.4 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.3.5 Market Attractiveness Index
6.4 Cognitive Operations Market, By Organization Size
6.4.3 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.4.4 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.4.5 Market Attractiveness Index
6.5 Cognitive Operations Market, By Vertical
6.5.2 IT and Telecommunications
6.5.3 Health and Life Sciences
6.5.4 Media and Entertainment
6.5.9 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.5.10 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.5.11 Market Attractiveness Index
7. Geographical Landscape
7.1 Global Identity Governance and Administration Market, by Region
7.2 North America - Market Analysis (2018 - 2024)
7.2.1 By Country
7.2.2 By Component
7.2.3 By Application
7.2.4 By Deployment Type
7.2.5 By Organization Size
7.2.6 By Vertical
7.3.1 By Country
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
7.3.2 By Component
7.3.3 By Application
7.3.4 By Deployment Type
7.3.5 By Organization Size
7.3.6 By Vertical
7.4 Asia Pacific
7.4.1 By Country
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 South East Asia
188.8.131.52 Australia & NZ
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4.2 By Component
7.4.3 By Application
7.4.4 By Deployment Type
7.4.5 By Organization Size
7.4.6 By Vertical
7.5 Latin America
7.5.1 By Country
220.127.116.11 Rest of Latin America
7.5.2 By Component
7.5.3 By Application
7.5.4 By Deployment Type
7.5.5 By Organization Size
7.5.6 By Vertical
7.6 Middle East and Africa
7.6.1 By Country
18.104.22.168 Middle East
7.6.2 By Component
7.6.3 By Application
7.6.4 By Deployment Type
7.6.5 By Organization Size
7.6.6 By Vertical
8. Key Player Analysis
8.1 IBM Corp
8.1.1 Business Description
8.1.4 SWOT Analysis
8.1.5 Recent Developments
8.1.6 Analyst Overview
8.3 CA Technologies
8.4 Micro Focus
8.6 HCL Technologies
8.8 BMC Software
9. Market Outlook & Investment Opportunities
List of Tables
List of Figures
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms of Component, Application, Deployment Mode, Enterprise Size, Vertical along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analysing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
- Global Cognitive Operations Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Cognitive Operations Market By Component, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Solutions Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Services Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Cognitive Operations Market By Application, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global ITOA Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global APM Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Infrastructure Management Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Network Analytics Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Security Analytics Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Cognitive Operations Market By Deployment Type, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Cloud-Based Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Local Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Cognitive Operations Market By Organization Size, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global SMEs Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Large Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Cognitive Operations Market By Vertical, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global BFSI Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global IT and Telecommunications Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Health and Life Sciences Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Media and Entertainment Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Manufacturing Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Government Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Retail Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Electronics Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )