APAC Sports Nutrition Market Size & Growth (2021-2026):
The Asia Pacific Sports Nutrition Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% over the forecast period of 2021-2026. Sports nutrition is the food and diet research and procedure to improve the athletic performance of anyone. Nutrition is an essential part of many sports training programs, typical in sports of strength and endurance like weightlifting, cycling, swimming, bodybuilding, rowing and others. Sports Nutrition focuses mainly on the type taken by an athlete as well as the number of fluids and food. It also addresses the consumption of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, supplements and organic substances, including carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
Significant factors that drive the Asia Pacific Sports Nutrition Market are-
- The increasing number of health and fitness centers have positively influenced market growth.
- Growing demand among bodybuilders and athletes for various types of protein bars, energy drinks, and dietary supplements is one of the key drivers of market growth.
- The market has also been propelled by rising disposable income and rapid urbanization pace.
- Recent developments are expected to drive the market in products containing natural ingredients, plant-based proteins, and dairy products.
The factors holding the Asia Pacific Sports Nutrition Market back include-
- Complex regulatory scenario and the risk of selling counterfeit goods hinder market growth over the forecast period.
- Several products around the world have had many illicit substances prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
The research done takes place in two phases namely-
Secondary Research The first phase of the research process is extensive secondary research and identification of the related intelligence. Secondary data is compiled from various sources. Extensive secondary research helps in generating hypotheses and identifying critical areas of interest that are investigated through primary research.
Primary Research This entails conducting hundreds of primary interviews with industry participants and commentators in order to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill the data gaps. A primary interview provides first-hand information on the market size, market trends, growth trends, competitive landscape, future outlook, etc. It also helps in deciding the scope and deliverables of the study in terms of the requirement of the market. Primary research involves e-mail interactions, telephonic interviews as well as face-to-face interviews for each market, category, segment, and sub-segment across geographies.
Asia Pacific Sports Nutrition Market Segmentation Analysis:
By Product Type
- Sports Food
- Sports Supplements
- Sports Drinks
By Distribution Channel
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retail Stores
- Other Distribution Channels
- Rest of APAC
- Beverage companies in Asia-Pacific focus on increasing demand for their sports drink products, with the aid of numerous sponsors, among others, by famous athletes and celebrities, and marketing promotions at festivals and events.
- Companies such as The Coca-Cola Company and PepsiCo are seen launching natural sports drinks, sugar substitutes, and vitamins and minerals enriched.
- There is a need for good body hydration in sports, which is a great health indicator among athletes. These sports drinks contain certain macro-nutrients that play an important role in the hydration and improvement of people's health performance.
- These are also intended to improve mental health and prevent people from joint pains. People have started gymnastics nowadays and have daily exercises for health concerns which bring them to demand more of these sports drinks during their workouts.
- Increasing demand from the sports industry has led to the growth of the product market based on whey protein. At the same time, nuts, egg whites, etc. are used by food processing companies to make snack products.
- Gyms are opening in small and large cities across the country. This has resulted in an increase in muscle and exercise lovers resulting in demand for protein sports drinks, nutritious snack bars such as energy bars, and other products designed to improve athletic performance.
APAC Sports Nutrition Market Regional Analysis:
Geographically, the Asia-Pacific market for Sports Nutrition products is divided into China, India, Japan, Australia, and the rest of Asia Pacific. The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at a fast rate during the forecast period. The Indian market in this region is poised to witness significant growth due to consumers' high intent towards the sports industry.
Key Players in the Market:
The key players in the Asia Pacific Sports Nutrition Market include
- PepsiCo Inc
- Coca-Cola Company
- Glanbia Plc
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd
- Monster Energy Company
- General Nutrition Centers Inc
- Herbalife International of America Inc
Research Report Key Highlights:
- Current and future market perspectives for APAC Sports Nutrition Market in developed and emerging markets.
- Analyze different market perspectives using the analysis of five Porter forces
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Regions that are expected to grow faster during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies of key market participants.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Base Currency, Base Year and Forecast Periods
1.4 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Research Phases
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.2.3 Econometric Modelling
2.2.4 Expert Validation
2.3 Analysis Design
2.4 Study Timeline
3.1 Executive Summary
3.2 Key Inferences
4. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Key Challenges
4.4 Current Opportunities in the Market
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Sports Food
5.1.2 Sports Supplements
5.1.3 Sports Drinks
5.1.4 Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Product Type
5.1.5 Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Product Type
5.1.5 Market Share Analysis, By Product Type
5.2 Distribution Channel
5.2.1Super Markets/Hyper Markets
5.2.2 Convenience Stores
5.2.3 Specialty Stores
5.2.4 Online Retail Stores
5.2.5 Other Distribution Channel
5.2.6 Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Distribution Channel
5.2.7 Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Distribution Channel
5.2.8 Market Share Analysis, By Distribution Channel
6. Geographical Analysis
6.1.1 Regional Trends
6.1.2 Impact Analysis
6.1.3 Y-o-Y Growth Analysis
184.108.40.206 By Geographical Area
220.127.116.11 By Product Type
18.104.22.168 By End User
22.214.171.124 By Distribution Channel
6.1.4 Market Attractiveness Analysis
126.96.36.199 By Geographical Area
188.8.131.52 By Product Type
184.108.40.206 By End User
220.127.116.11 By Distribution Channel
6.1.5 Market Share Analysis
18.104.22.168 By Geographical Area
22.214.171.124 By Product Type
126.96.36.199 By End User
188.8.131.52 By Distribution Channel
6.5 South Korea
7. Strategic Analysis
7.1 PESTLE analysis
7.2 Porter’s Five analysis
7.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
7.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
7.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
7.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
7.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
8. Market Leaders' Analysis
8.1 The Coca-Cola Company
8.1.2 Product Analysis
8.1.3 Financial analysis
8.1.4 Recent Developments
8.1.5 SWOT analysis
8.1.6 Analyst View
8.2 Abbott Nutrition Inc.
8.3 PepsiCo Inc.
8.4 Glanbia Plc.
8.5 Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc.
8.6 Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd.
8.7 Post Holdings Inc.
8.8 GNC Holdings
8.9 Clif Bar & Company
8.10 Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Market share analysis
9.2 Merger and Acquisition Analysis
9.3 Agreements, collaborations and Joint Ventures
9.4 New Product Launches
10. Market Outlook and Investment Opportunities
a) List of Tables
b) List of Figures
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms of By Product Type, Distribution channel and along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analysing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
- Asia Pacific Sports Nutrition Market By Product Type, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Asia Pacific Sports Foods Market By Region, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Asia Pacific Sports Supplements Market By Region, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Asia Pacific Sports Drinks Market By Region, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Asia Pacific Sports Nutrition Market By Distribution Channel, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Asia Pacific Supermarkets/Hypermarkets Market By Region, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Asia Pacific Convenience Stores Market By Region, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Asia Pacific Specialty Stores Market By Region, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Asia Pacific Online Stores Market By Region, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Japan Sports Nutrition Market By Product Type, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Japan Sports Nutrition Market By Distribution Channel, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- China Sports Nutrition Market By Product Type, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- China Sports Nutrition Market By Distribution Channel, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- India Sports Nutrition Market By Product Type, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- India Sports Nutrition Market By Distribution Channel, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Australia Sports Nutrition Market By Product Type, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- Australia Sports Nutrition Market By Distribution Channel, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- South Korea Sports Nutrition Market By Product Type, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )
- South Korea Sports Nutrition Market By Distribution Channel, From 2019-2024 ( USD Billion )