Global Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market Size & Growth (2020 – 2025)
The global big data and data engineering services market size is foreseen to expand from $39.50 billion in 2020 to $87.37 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.6% over the outlook period.
Big Data and Data Engineering services help companies optimize their business processes by capturing and interpreting business data. They allow organizations to obtain information and move to fast and reliable decision making.
Most businesses are primarily driven by increased data consumption, competition, and explosion. The complexity and scalability of disparate data poses a challenge to traditional database and analytics technologies. Real-time processing of big data, using the cloud as a catalyst, has become the norm. The disruptive technologies that underpin SMAC - social, mobile, analytics, and cloud are leading to new business scenarios that make the most of data.
Covid-19 impact on Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market
Software companies are increasingly focusing on on-demand technologies and are once again exploring innovative ways to serve their customers as the COVID-19 crisis creates challenges across multiple industries and reduces technology spending.
With the COVID-19 crisis having a major impact on the manufacturing industry, it is likely that most of the company's existing suppliers will have a difficult time meeting urgent needs. From government health ministries to private medical device providers, the two are struggling to meet the sudden surge in demand for key safety equipment to counter COVID-19.
- April 2020: Capgemini SE announces the acquisition of Advectas AB, a data science and business intelligence company that is based in Sweden. Advectas is integrated into the company's Insights and Data business unit as the company aims to capitalize on growing customer demand for data analytics services. Furthermore, in the future, the company expects continued growth of 4% by 2020 and aims to focus on its expansion in the intelligence industry market.
- March 2020: Infosys Limited announced a USD 4.5 million investment in the US company Waterline Data Science through its innovation funds. The startup offers data discovery and governance software and also provides business analysts and data scientists with a self-service data catalog to help them understand the information.
Market growth and trends:
Big data analytics in banking is set to grow dramatically in the future
- As technology advances, the number of devices consumers use to initiate transactions (such as smartphones) also increases, increasing the number of transactions. This rapid data growth requires better acquisition, organization, integration, and analysis.
- Given the regional analysis of government regulations, the government's focus in each region varies in intensity. European banks are taking stricter regulatory approaches than their Asian counterparts. For example, in Europe, regulations have been a major catalyst for the boom in open banking. These include the implementation in Europe of its Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) and the Open Banking Regulations of the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA).
- According to the Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE), API calls expanded to about 66.7 million in the month of June 2019 (PSD2 needs banks to create APIs (vehicles to add and sharing discrete data sets between organizations) for digital banking transactions.
- Danske Bank is the largest bank in Denmark, with a customer base of more than 5 million people. It uses its advanced internal analytics to identify fraud and reduce false positives. So, after implementing a modern business analytics solution, the bank achieved a 60% reduction in false positives, increasing true positives by 50%.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
The main drivers of the global big data and data engineering services market growth include the rapid increase in the volume of unstructured data due to the phenomenal growth of interconnected devices and social networks. However, the inability of service providers to provide real-time information could limit market growth.
In the big data and data engineering services market by industry vertical, the BFSI vertical is expected to retain the largest size during the forecast period. As the volume and variety of data increases, so does the demand for keeping and managing these records of financial transactions in banks and other financial institutions.
- On the basis of components, the market for big data and data engineering services is segmented into solutions and services.
- The solutions are subdivided into Big Data Analysis, Data Discovery, Data Visualization and Data Management.
- The services are subdivided into managed services and professional services.
- Professional services are further segmented into consulting, support and maintenance, and implementation and integration.
- Depending on the deployment mode, the market for big data and data engineering services is segmented locally and in the cloud. The cloud is sub-segmented into public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud.
- Based on the size of the organization, the market for big data services and data engineering is segmented into SMBs and large enterprises.
- On the basis of business function, the market is segmented into Marketing and Sales, Operations, Finance and Human Resources.
- By vertical, the big data and data engineering services market is segmented into commercial applications, BFSI, government and defense, healthcare and life sciences, entertainment, telecommunications and IT, transport and logistics.
The regions covered in the global big data and data engineering services market report are North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Middle East and Africa (MEA).
North America is supposed to dominate big data and data engineering services business due to technological advancements and high implementation of these engineering services in the North American area.
Key market players:
The major players covered by the Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market report are Amazon Web Services, Dell Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP SE, SAS Institute Inc., Teradata, Datameer, Inc., Birst, Inc., Guardian Glass, LLC., Opera Solutions, LLC., Sisense Inc., MapR Technologies, Inc., Mirantis, Inc., Tele-Media Solutions, Kleiner Perkins, NORTHGATE, Wipro Limited , Red Hat, Inc., among other national and global players.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the report
1.3 Study Assumptions
1.4 Base Currency, Base Year and Forecast Periods
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Analysis Design
2.2 Research Phases
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.2.3 Data Modelling
2.2.4 Expert Validation
2.3 Study Timeline
3. Report Overview
3.1 Executive Summary
3.2 Key Inferencees
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Impact Analysis
4.2 Regulatory Environment
4.3 Technology Timeline & Recent Trends
5. Competitor Benchmarking Analysis
5.1 Key Player Benchmarking
5.1.1 Market share analysis
5.1.3 Regional Presence
5.2 Mergers & Acquistion Landscape
5.3 Joint Ventures & Collaborations
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market, By Component
6.1.3 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.1.4 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.1.5 Market Attractiveness Index
6.2 Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market, By Deployment Mode
6.2.3 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.2.4 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.2.5 Market Attractiveness Index
6.3 Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market, By Organization Size
6.3.3 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.3.4 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.3.5 Market Attractiveness Index
6.4 Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market, By Business Function
6.4.1 Marketing and Sales
6.4.3 Human Resources
6.4.5 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.4.6 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.4.7 Market Attractiveness Index
6.5 Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market, By Vertical
6.5.1 Commercial Applications
6.5.3 Government and Defense
6.5.4 Healthcare and Life Sciences
6.5.6 Telecommunications and IT
6.5.7 Transport and Logistics
6.5.8 Market Size Estimations & Forecasts (2019-2024)
6.5.9 Y-o-Y Growth Rate Analysis
6.5.10 Market Attractiveness Index
7. Geographical Landscape
7.1 Global Identity Governance and Administration Market, by Region
7.2 North America - Market Analysis (2018 - 2024)
7.2.1 By Country
7.2.2 By Component
7.2.3 By Deployment Mode
7.2.4 By Organization Size
7.2.5 By Business Function
7.2.6 By Vertical
7.3.1 By Country
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
7.3.2 By Component
7.3.3 By Deployment Mode
7.3.4 By Organization Size
7.3.5 By Business Function
7.3.6 By Vertical
7.4 Asia Pacific
7.4.1 By Country
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 South East Asia
22.214.171.124 Australia & NZ
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4.2 By Component
7.4.3 By Deployment Mode
7.4.4 By Organization Size
7.4.5 By Business Function
7.4.6 By Vertical
7.5 Latin America
7.5.1 By Country
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
7.5.2 By Component
7.5.3 By Deployment Mode
7.5.4 By Organization Size
7.5.5 By Business Function
7.5.6 By Vertical
7.6 Middle East and Africa
7.6.1 By Country
184.108.40.206 Middle East
7.6.2 By Component
7.6.3 By Deployment Mode
7.6.4 By Organization Size
7.6.5 By Business Function
7.6.6 By Vertical
8. Key Player Analysis
8.1 Amazon Web Services
8.1.1 Business Description
8.1.4 SWOT Analysis
8.1.5 Recent Developments
8.1.6 Analyst Overview
8.2 Dell Inc
8.3 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
8.6 SAP SE
8.7 SAS Institute Inc
8.9 MapR Technologies, Inc
8.10 Guardian Glass, LLC
9. Market Outlook & Investment Opportunities
List of Tables
List of Figures
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms of Component, Deployment Mode, Organization Size, Business Function, along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the microenvironment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analysing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market.
- Global Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market By Component, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Solutions Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Services Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market By Deployment Mode, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Cloud Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Local Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market By Organization Size, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global SMEs Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Large Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market By Business Function, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Marketing and Sales Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Operations Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Human Resources Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Finance Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Big Data and Data Engineering Services Market By Vertical, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Commercial Applications Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global BFSI Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Government and Defense Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Healthcare and Life Sciences Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Entertainment Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Telecommunications and IT Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )
- Global Transport and Logistics Market By Region, From 2020-2025 ( USD Billion )